216. Rethinking Race, Class, and Nation
Monday, 4 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., 201, Hynes
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Cuban and Cuban Diaspora Cultural Production
Presiding: Odette Casamayor Cisneros, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
1. "Remodeling the Afro-Cuban Body: Racial, Sexual, and Sanitary Discourses in Cuban Literature," Armando Chavez-Rivera, Univ. of Houston, Victoria
2. "The Pleasures of Exile: Reading the Cuban Nostalgia Fair," Albert Laguna, Yale Univ.
3. "Archiving Absence: Two Cuban Performative Engagements with the Taíno," Christina León, Emory Univ.
4. "DissemiNación de la bemba escondida en Cuba: Ideología, política, literatura y música," Clément Akassi, Howard Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|