Monday, 29 December
507. (Not) Checking the Box: Opening Up Spaces through Discourse
10:15–11:30 a.m., Franciscan D, Hilton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Present-Day English Language
Presiding: Yolanda Chavez-Cappellini, State Univ. of New York, New Paltz
1. “Shortbus and the Permeable Nation,” Bill Albertini, Jr., Bowling Green State Univ.
2. “A Liberating Performance of the Self in El mercader de Tudela,” Dulce M. Estevez, Arizona State Univ.
3. “Becoming Woman, Becoming Animal, Becoming Empowered: Achieving Agency in Young-Adult Novels of Magic Realism,” Cat A. Yampell, Wayne State Univ.
4. “Redrawing the Slave Trade: François Bourgeon’s ‘Les passagers du vent,’” Raphaël Lambert, Univ. of Tsukuba
Respondent: Janina Brutt-Griffler, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|