Tuesday, 29 December
583. Encounters with English: Present-Day English in a Multilingual World
7:15–8:30 p.m., 307, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Present-Day English Language
Presiding: Janina Brutt-Griffler, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
1. “Language(s) in English: English as a Multilingual Subject,” Janina Brutt-Griffler
2. “Classroom Encounters with Speakers of Caribbean Creole English,” Shondel Nero, New York Univ.
3. “Caribbean English in Present-Day Saint Thomas,” Daniel Sebastian D’Arpa, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
4. “Seeing English: Syncretism, Spectatorship, and Selling English on the Silver Screen,” Anjali Pandey, Salisbury Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|