114. Dialects of English Worldwide: Issues in English Language Studies
Friday, 9 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Illinois, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Present-Day English Language
Presiding: Elizabeth Bell Canon, Emory Univ.
Elizabeth Bell Canon's Annotation:
1. "'Speak the Language of Your Flag': American Policy Responses to Nonanglophone Immigrants," Dennis E. Baron, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
2. "The Sounds of Silence: Standard and Nonstandard Englishes in Contemporary Ethnic American Writing," Melissa Dennihy, Queensborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. "Star Spanglish Banter: Harnessing Students' Linguistic Expertise," Jill Hallett, Northeastern Illinois Univ.
4. "Emerging Attitudes toward New Media within the Discourses of Poetics and Literature," April Pierce, Univ. of Oxford
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|