Monday, 28 December
290. Romance Manifestos for the Marinetti Centennial: Italian Futurism and Spanish American Modernismo Reconsidered
3:30–4:45 p.m., Adams, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Romance Literary Relations
Presiding: Mary Malcolm Gaylord, Harvard Univ.
1. “The Authority of the ‘Slap’: The Historicizing Function of the Founding Manifestos of Futurism,” Amy Leggette, Univ. of Oregon
2. “The Animal and the Technological Body in Marinetti’s Manifestos,” Alessio Lerro, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “Roberto Longhi and the ‘Manifesto tecnico della pittura futurista,’” Andrea Mirabile, Vanderbilt Univ.
4. “Time for the Untimely: Modernity in Spanish American Modernismo,” Gerard L. Aching, New York Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|