Sunday, 28 December
287. Romania in the Cold War Culture
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Sierra Suite E, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Romanian Studies
Presiding: Monica Popescu, McGill Univ.
1. “Defeated Generals,” Calin-Andrei Mihailescu, Univ. of Western Ontario
2. “Communism and the Discourse of Discontent: Female Representations in Herta Müller’s The Land of Green Plums,” Valentina N. Glajar, Texas State Univ.
3. “The Winter of Saul Bellow’s Discontent: The Dean’s December,” Anca Munteanu, LeMoyne Coll.; Jeanine Teodorescu, Columbia Coll., IL
4. “Seeking Warm Alliances in the Cold War Climate: Africans in Romania,” Monica Popescu
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|