622. Becoming Women: Gender Identities and Tensions in Romanian and World Literature
Tuesday, 5 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 203, Hynes
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Romanian Studies
Presiding: Adriana Varga, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
1. "Landscapes of Interiority in the Fiction of Virginia Woolf, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, and Hortensia Papadat-Bengescu," Adriana Varga
2. "The Marriage between East and West: Eastern European Women Migrating to the European Union," Letitia Ileana Guran, Coll. of William and Mary
3. "Pain Becomes Art: Matei Vișniec's Play Woman's Body as Battlefield," Aurelia Roman, Georgetown Univ.
4. "From New York Hotels to Romanian Country Inns: Is There a Woman in These Spaces?" Ileana Orlich, Arizona State Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|