Friday, 28 December
365. Varieties of Popular Culture
7:15–8:30 p.m., Huron, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Scandinavian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Andrew K. Nestingen, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
1. “Amplification through Simplification: Emotional Geography in Word and Image,” Melissa L. Gjellstad, Agder Univ. Coll.
2. “Kautokeino 1852 and the Struggle for Memory,” Troy Storfjell, Pacific Lutheran Univ.
3. “The Claustrophobic Room: Globalization in Lukas Moodysson’s Recent Films,” Anna Westerstahl Stenport, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “What’s This Thing Called Sex? Screening Sex in Scandinavia,” Anne G. Sabo, Saint Olaf Coll.
For copies of abstracts, visit http://faculty.washington.edu/akn.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|