458. Religion in Science and Speculative Fiction
Monday, 5 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., The Fens, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Science Fiction and Utopian and Fantastic Literature
Presiding: Peter Yoonsuk Paik, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
1. "Precogs, Hallucinogens, and Free Will: The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch," Shayani Bhattacharya, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
2. "The Art of Theotronics: Science and Religion in the Margins in Kojo Laing's Big Bishop Roko," Ian MacDonald, Columbia Univ.
3. "'That Mortal Taste': Death, Language, and the Fall in Contemporary Science Fiction," Lara A. Dodds, Mississippi State Univ.
4. "Science Fiction, Religion, and the Afterlife," Stephen Louis Burt, Harvard Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|