Friday, 28 December
217. Scottish Literature and the Union
10:15–11:30 a.m., Columbian, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Scottish Literature
Presiding: John Corbett, Univ. of Glasgow
1. “The Act of Union, the Marriage Plot, and the Shifting Gender of Scotland,” Maureen McDougall Martin, William Paterson Univ.
2. “Popular Culture, Scottish Belles Lettres, Gender, and the Union,” Rivka Swenson, Univ. of Virginia
3. “‘From Scenes like These’: Scottish Literature and Scottish Politics, 1960–2000,” Roderick Watson, Univ. of Stirling
4. “Forging Independent Literary Traditions,” Robert Cairns Craig, Aberdeen Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|