Monday, 28 December
216. Writing Race and Scotland
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 308, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Scottish Literature
Presiding: John Corbett, Univ. of Glasgow
1. “Integrating Ethnicities: Forging Scottish Empire in the Late Medieval Marches,” Randy P. Schiff, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
2. “Orientals and Indians in Sir Walter Scott’s The Talisman and The Surgeon’s Daughter,” Suha Kudsieh, Trent Univ.
3. “Scotland, England, and India: Margaret Oliphant’s Kirsteen,” Elsie Browning Michie, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
4. “Scott and the Scottish Race: William Allan and the Ethnographical Construction of Scotland through the Waverley Illustrations,” Richard Hill, Maui Community Coll., HI
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|