Thursday, 28 December
142. Sephardic Identity as Seen through Literature, Language, and Culture
10:15–11:30 a.m., Congress C, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Sephardic Studies
Presiding: Yitzchak Kerem, Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem
1. “The Sephardic Identity as a Metaphor of the Spanish Alienated Self in Antonio Muñoz Molina’s Sefarad,” Mar M. Gongora, Virginia Commonwealth Univ.
2. “Marcel Cohen in Judeo-Spanish and French,” Alan Astro, Trinity Univ.
3. “Rabbi Menahem Shemuel Halevy (1884–1940),” Nechama Kramer-Hellinx, York Coll., City Univ. of New York
4. “Exile and Memory: Sephardic Jews from Salonica,” Herlinda Dabbah Mustri, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com after 26 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|