260. From Spain to Sephardic Culture, Language, Literature, and Self-Identity
Monday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Aspen, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Sephardic Studies
Presiding: Nechama Kramer-Hellinx, York Coll., City Univ. of New York
1. "Jews and Jewishness in Contemporary Iberian Literature," Alfredo J. Sosa-Velasco, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2. "Translating the Self in Marcel Cohen's Letras a un pintor," Celine Piser, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. "Amadís de Gaula in Constantinople," David A. Wacks, Univ. of Oregon
4. "At Home and Abroad: Forging Sephardic Identity before and after the Diasporas of the Nação Portuguesa," Joseph Abraham Levi, George Washington Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|