718. Bridges between Past, Present, and Future Sephardic Cultures, Literatures, and Identities
Monday, 6 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., 206, Hynes
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Sephardic Studies
Presiding: Johann Sadock, Boston Coll.
1. "Jew, Turk, Frenchman, American: Sephardic Identities in Alfred Ascher's Judeo-Spanish Diario," Gloria J. Ascher, Tufts Univ.
2. "Seven Songs, Seven Identities: Bridging the Past and the Future," Jane Mushabac, New York City Coll. of Tech., City Univ. of New York
3. "North Africa, France, and Israel: Sephardic Identities in the Work of Chochana Boukhobza," Nina Boug Lichtenstein, Brandeis Univ.
4. "A Plurality of Bridges: The Sephardic Scholar as Literary Archaeologist," Judith Roumani, Potomac, MD
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|