592. Everyday Unrecognized Sexual Violence in South Asia
Sunday, 11 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Ohio, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on South Asian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Namrata Mitra, John Carroll Univ.
1. "Dalit Women and India's Brahminical Democracy," Basuli Deb, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
2. "Violated Female Bodies and Strangerhood in Shashi Deshpande's The Dark Holds No Terrors and Jagmohan Mundhra's Provoked," Atreyee Gohain, Ohio Univ., Athens
3. "Your Pain Is My Doubt: The Violence of Privilege," Namrata Mitra
4. "Ayah Unhomed: Sexual Subjugation and Silence in Bapsi Sidhwa's Cracking India," Gaura Shankar Narayan, Purchase Coll., State Univ. of New York
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 15 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|