247. The Queerness of Translation
Monday, 6 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 613, WSCC
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Translation
Presiding: Christopher E. Larkosh, Univ. of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
1. "Hellenic Freud: Translation and the Queering of Psychoanalysis," Richard Allen Kaye, Hunter Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. "Queer Is a Foreign Language," Merrill Cole, Western Illinois Univ.
3. "'Because I Liked You Better': Housman, Hellenism, and Homosexuality in Stoppard's The Invention of Love," Jenna Clark Embrey, Harvard Univ.
4. "Setting Plato Straight: Translating Ancient Sexuality in the Renaissance," Todd W. Reeser, Univ. of Pittsburgh
For abstracts, visit http://tinyurl.com/3z8n8dc.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|