Friday, 07 January
168. Routes or Roots: Travel and Globalization
8:30–9:45 a.m., 303A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Travel Literature
Presiding: Miguel Angel Cabañas, Michigan State Univ.
1. “Waiter, There’s an Other in My Soup? Culinary Tourism, Globalization, and No Reservations,” Cheryl Narumi Naruse, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
2. “Shock Therapy: Realist Travel Writing in the Era of Neoliberalism,” Shakti Jaising, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “Trans-America,” John A. Ochoa, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “Travel Narratives versus Migrant Narratives: An Alternative Understanding of Immigration in Spain,” Raquel Vega-Durán, Claremont McKenna Coll.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|