371. Second-Language Learning and Literacy: A Session in Honor of Elizabeth Bernhardt
Saturday, 10 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Superior B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Association of Departments of Foreign Languages
Presiding: Rosmarie T. Morewedge, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
1. "What Do You Call a Person Who Speaks Only One Language? The Importance of Second Language Acquisition and the Stanford Language Center," Harry Justin Elam, Stanford Univ.
2. "New Ways of Thinking about Literacy (Thanks to Elizabeth Bernhardt)," Nicolas Shumway, Rice Univ.
3. "A Research Legacy in Literacy and Second-Language Teaching and Learning," Katherine Arens, Univ. of Texas, Austin
4. "From Isolation to Integration: Collegiate Foreign Language Education and Globalized Information Ecologies," Per Urlaub, Univ. of Texas, Austin
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|