Saturday, 30 December
636. Pregnant Bodies and Other Bodies in the Academy
8:30–9:45 a.m., Liberty Ballroom Salon B, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession
Presiding: Cynthia Margarita Tompkins, Arizona State Univ., Tempe
1. “Your Mother Doesn’t Live Here: Resisting Gender Roles in Feminist Pedagogy,” Jessica Barnes, Illinois State Univ.
2. “Morality, Motherhood, and Misogyny: Benevolent Sexism Couched as Concern in the Academic Workplace,” Jeanine Silveira Stewart, Washington and Lee Univ.
3. “‘Mothering’ Language: Undoing Tendencies toward Stereotyping in the Academic Workplace,” Ellen Cecilia Mayock, Washington and Lee Univ.
4. “Institutional Culture and the Meaning of Motherhood,” Alice A. Weldon, Univ. of North Carolina, Asheville
For copies of papers, visit www.public.asu.edu/~idcmt/ after 30 Nov.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|