Monday, 28 December
356. The Presidential Address
8:40 p.m., Regency Ballroom A and B, Loews
Program arranged by the MLA Presidential Address
Presiding: Rosemary G. Feal, MLA
1. Sidonie Ann Smith, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MLA First Vice President, will announce the newly elected honorary fellows.
2. Sidonie Ann Smith will present the William Riley Parker Prize, the James Russell Lowell Prize, the MLA Prize for a First Book, the Kenneth W. Mildenberger Prize, the Mina P. Shaughnessy Prize, the MLA Prize for Independent Scholars, the Katherine Singer Kovacs Prize, the Morton N. Cohen Award for a Distinguished Edition of Letters, the MLA Prize for a Distinguished Scholarly Edition, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Comparative Literary Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for French and Francophone Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Studies in Slavic Languages and Literatures, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for a Translation of a Scholarly Study of Literature, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Italian Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Publication Award for a Manuscript in Italian Literary Studies, the Lois Roth Award, the William Sanders Scarborough Prize, and the MLA Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary and Cultural Studies.
3. Rosemary G. Feal will present the MLA International Bibliography Fellowship Awards.
4. Rosemary G. Feal will announce the recipients of the seal of approval from the Committee on Scholarly Editions.
5. Report of the Executive Director, Rosemary G. Feal
6. The Presidential Address, Catherine Porter, State Univ. of New York Coll. at Cortland
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|