674. The Work of Life Writing in and for Vulnerable Ethnic Communities
Monday, 12 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Los Angeles–Miami, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Office of the Executive Director
Presiding: Irene Kacandes, Dartmouth Coll.
1. "Risking Vulnerability: The African American Conversion Narrative and the Burden of Slavery," Susan Beth Winnett, Heinrich-Heine-Universität
2. "'Hundreds of Bodies on Two Continents, Telling a Single Story': Assembling Narratives of Genocide in Clea Koff's The Bone Woman," Kimberly Nance, Illinois State Univ.
3. "Refugee Life Writing in Australia: Redefining the Testimonio," Laetitia Nanquette, Univ. of New South Wales
4. "My Country versus Me: Technology, Espionage, and Chinese American Life Writing," Yuan Shu, Texas Tech Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|