656. Time to Degree: Is a Faster PhD a Better PhD?
Sunday, 11 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Belmont, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on the Status of Graduate Students in the Profession
Presiding: Shane Peterson, Washington Univ. in St. Louis
1. "'As Long as It Takes': How Forced Shortening of Time to Degree Threatens Research and Teaching in the Humanities," David R. Shumway, Carnegie Mellon Univ.
2. "Increasing Disciplinary Connections, Decreasing Time to Degree: A Consideration of Time to Degree in Relation to Interdisciplinary Research," Amy Lueck, Univ. of Louisville
3. "Conditions of Completion: Policy Reform and Graduate Student Wellness," Cara Fabre, Queen's Univ.; Jessica Roberts, Queen's Univ.
4. "Time to Degree and the Impossibility of Failure," Heather Steffen, Carnegie Mellon Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|