419. Good Practices in Hiring, Developing, and Reviewing Contingent Faculty Members
Tuesday, 7 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Willow A, Sheraton
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Contingent Labor in the Profession
Presiding: Douglas Hesse, Univ. of Denver
1. "The Importance of Established Curricula and Syllabi for Making Good Hiring Decisions," Elizabeth Bernhardt, Stanford Univ.
2. "Laboring More to Labor Otherwise: Professional Development as Leverage for Change," Debra Frank Dew, Univ. of Colorado, Colorado Springs; Justin Jory, Univ. of Colorado, Colorado Springs
3. "Supporting and Developing Online Adjunct Faculty Members at a Comprehensive University," Christopher Ervin, Western Kentucky Univ.
4. "Prior to Enactment of University Rule 6-310 (IDTP): Claiming Space for Contingent Faculty Members," Maureen Mathison, Univ. of Utah
Responding: Katia McClain, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|