794. Professional Practices in Online Education
Monday, 6 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Back Bay B, Sheraton
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Contingent Labor in the Profession
Presiding: Sandra K. Baringer, Univ. of California, Riverside
1. "A Description of a Situation on the Nontenure Track: Teaching from the Insecure Trenches of a Contingent Online Instructor," Batya Susan Weinbaum, Empire State Coll., State Univ. of New York
2. "Hybrid Composition Instruction," Joshua P. Fenton, Univ. of California, Riverside
3. "Contract and Policy Language for Adjuncts Teaching Online in the SUNY Community Colleges: A State of the State Report," Cynthia Eaton, Suffolk Community Coll., State Univ. of New York
4. "A Strategem for Using Online Courses to Deny Contingent Faculty Members Academic Freedom," Aaron Plasek, Colorado State Univ.
Responding: Maria Shine Stewart, John Carroll Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|