238. Hannah Arendt and American Literature
Saturday, 4 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Beacon H, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Patrick Redding, Manhattanville Coll.
1. "Arendt, Billy Budd, and the American Republic," John McGowan, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2. "The Work of Judgment," Matthew Stratton, Univ. of California, Davis
3. "American Poetry and the Cultural Politics of the Private Realm," Patrick Redding
4. "Beyond the Archimedean Viewpoint: Arendt, Ecological Fiction, and Planetary Perspectives," Rebecca Evans, Duke Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|