139. Kant's Aesthetic and Political Theory and Its Aftermath
Friday, 9 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Kane, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Anita Ruth Sokolsky, Williams Coll.
1. "Inventing the Poetic Idiom: Religion, Literature, and Democracy to Come," Sarah Hammerschlag, Univ. of Chicago Divinity School
2. "Want to Take You Higher: Kant's Enthusiasm," Ian Grant Balfour, York Univ.
3. "The Mathematical Sublime and Chaos Theory in Kant and Wordsworth," Joshua D. Wilner, City Coll., City Univ. of New York
Joshua D. Wilner's Annotation:
4. "Moral Fanaticism in Kant, Nietzsche, and Eliot's Romola," Anita Ruth Sokolsky
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|