Sunday, 28 December
357. Teaching Graphic Narratives in Literature Classrooms
3:30–4:45 p.m., Golden Gate 6, Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Lan Dong, Univ. of Illinois, Springfield
1. “The Illustrating, Illustrated ‘I’: Teaching Autobiography Theory through Graphic Memoir,” Jonathan D’Amore, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2. “‘Other’ Illustrations: Using Graphic Narrative to Teach Ethnoracial Literature,” Derek Parker Royal, Texas A&M Univ., Commerce
3. “Intermediality: Bridging the Gap between the Graphic and the Novel in American Literature Classes,” John M. Wegner, Angelo State Univ.
4. “Berlin City of Stones: Intersection of History, Genre, and Narratology,” Joshua Kavaloski, Drew Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|