Wednesday, 30 December
653. Cognitive Approaches to Literature: Are We Beyond Science Envy Yet?
10:15–11:30 a.m., Grand Ballroom Salon K, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Lisa Zunshine, Univ. of Kentucky
1. “The Casino of Discourse: Theory of Mind in the Light of Dialogism,” Michael Holquist, Yale Univ.
2. “Generating Knowledge from Fiction,” Ellen Spolsky, Bar-Ilan Univ.
3. “Why Did We Evolve a Capacity for Irony?” Blakey Vermeule, Stanford Univ.
4. “Is Personal Identity a Joke?” Lisa Zunshine
For abstracts and selected papers, write to email@example.com after 5 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|