134. The Persistence of Panpsychism in Philosophical and Literary Approaches to Consciousness
Sunday, 3 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Beacon A, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Adela N. Pinch, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. "Intelligent Matter: Francis Bacon, La Fontaine, Gay," Jonathan Lamb, Vanderbilt Univ.
2. "Margaret Cavendish's Panpsychism," Jonathan Brody Kramnick, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
Jonathan Brody Kramnick's Annotation:
3. "Victorian Panpsychism," Adela N. Pinch
4. "The Mind in Things: Pragmatism, Panpsychism, and Wallace Stevens," Renée Tursi, Quinnipiac Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|