Sunday, 27 December
39. The Translingual Imagination
5:15–6:30 p.m., Regency Ballroom C1, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Steven G. Kellman, Univ. of Texas, San Antonio
1. “Yone Noguchi’s Impersonation in The American Diary of a Japanese Girl,” Elaine Wong, Univ. of Texas, San Antonio
2. “Hapsburg Translingualism in Terézia Mora’s Alle Tage,” Laura Bohn, Yale Univ.
3. “Post-China Imaginations of the Female Experience,” Lisa Yinghong Li, J. F. Oberlin Univ.
4. “English as Metaphor for Estrangement in Elif Shafak’s The Bastard of Istanbul,” Margarit Tadevosyan Ordukhanyan, Saint John’s Univ., NY
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|