Thursday, 06 January
67. Modernist Transnationalism and Japanese Noh: (Mis)Translating Culture in Yeats, Pound, Konishi
1:45–3:00 p.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Carrie J. Preston, Boston Univ.
1. “Introduction to Noh and Transnational Performance: Nishikigi ‘Tangled in This Coarse Cloth,’” Carrie J. Preston
2. “Performing Ghost Translations,” Kevin Riordan, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
3. “Translation and Creative Misunderstanding: Ezra Pound and Konishi Jinichi,” Akiko Takeuchi, Hosei Univ.
4. “Matsui Akira as an Insider, Outsider, and Innovator to the Tradition of Noh,” Judy Halebsky, Hosei Univ.
For papers, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|