149. The Environment, Trauma, and Contemporary Fiction
Monday, 5 January, 7:00–8:15 p.m., 606, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Suzanne Lalonde, Univ. of Texas, Brownsville
1. "Melancholy Objects," Timothy Morton, Univ. of California, Davis
2. "The Bestiary and Modern Imagination," Bernhard F. Malkmus, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. "The Bombing of Nagasaki," Shazia Rahman, Western Illinois Univ.
4. "Elegy for a World That Dies in Every One of Us: Luis Sepúlveda and The Old Man Who Read Love Stories," Luis Rodriguez-Abad, Univ. of Texas, Brownsville
For abstracts, visit LalondeUTB.yolasite.com.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|