Monday, 29 December
446. Future Ruins: The Temporality of Climate Change
8:30–9:45 a.m., Van Ness, Hilton
A special session
Presiding: David Allen Collings, Bowdoin Coll.
1. “The Aesthetics of Decomposition: Ruin as Renewal in Alan Weisman’s The World without Us,” Michelle Niemann, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
2. “Failing Economies and Tortured Ecologies: Climate Change as Cyclical Calamity in Butler’s Parable Novels,” John Blair Gamber, Coll. of William and Mary
3. “‘If a Protest Falls in the Woods and There’s No One There to Hear It, Does It Make a Sound?’: Writing, Terrorism, and the Environmental Imaginary in A Friend of the Earth,” Price McMurray, Texas Wesleyan Univ.
4. “Ruins as Queer Remainder in Children of Men,” Andrea Fontenot, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|