Friday, 29 December
576. Poetics and Cultural Studies: Engaging the Debate
7:15–8:30 p.m., Regency Ballroom A, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Barrett Watten, Wayne State Univ.
1. “The Political Economy of Parataxis: Mediation and Uneven Development in Zukofsky’s A,” Ruth Louise Jennison, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
2. “The Conflict of the Poetic Faculties: On Social Pedagogy and Undated Grammars of Self,” Eric C. Keenaghan, Univ. at Albany, State Univ. of New York
3. “The Ends of Autonomy: Jameson, Poetics, and Cultural Studies Revisited,” Jeffrey T. Nealon, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “‘Apparently I Am Picking Fights’: Cultural Studies and Poetics Mix It Up in Taylor Brady’s Yesterday’s News,” Tyrone Williams, Xavier Univ., OH
For copies of papers, visit www.english.wayne.edu/fac%5Fpages/ewatten/mla06.html after 20 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|