Tuesday, 27 December
59. Narrative Violence: Africa and the Middle East
7:00–8:15 p.m., Hoover, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Nouri Gana, Queen’s Univ.; Heike H. Harting, Université de Montréal
1. “Eden and Atrocity: Pierre Guyotat’s Algeria,” Stuart Kendall, Eastern Kentucky Univ.
2. “Silenced Narratives of Corpses and Wounds: Female Violence in Eastern Congo,” Ngwarsungu Chiwengo, Creighton Univ.
3. “Witnessing Bodies: The Unveiled and Violated Portraits of Satrapi’s Persepolis,” Kimberly Wedeven Segall, Seattle Pacific Univ.
4. “The Lebanese War Novel and Humanist Renewal,” Kenneth E. Seigneurie, Lebanese American Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|