Wednesday, 27 December
73. From Sympathy to Romanticism
8:45–10:00 p.m., 310, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: John Joseph Vespa, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
1. “Wordsworth’s Ruined Cottage and the Mechanism of Poetry,” John Joseph Vespa
2. “Moral Sentiment and Romantic Imagination: Distance in Percy Bysshe Shelley and Adam Smith,” Sabine H. Seiler, Univ. at Albany, State Univ. of New York
3. “Sympathy and Letitia Elizabeth Landon’s Melancholy Love Poetry,” Theresa Adams, Westminster Coll.
4. “Hazlitt and the Sense of Character: ‘Qualities Display Themselves by the Most Contradictory Appearances,’” Jonathan Farina, New York Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|