Tuesday, 29 December
488. Retranslation: When and Why?
1:45–3:00 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A2, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Julie Candler Hayes, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
1. “The Whys of Retranslation,” Philip R. Stewart, Duke Univ.
2. “Retranslation and Ideological Unraveling: Balzac’s Conte philosophique Takes a Return Trip,” Gabriel Louis Moyal, McMaster Univ.
3. “Translating Translating: Poetics as Creative Reworking,” Barbara J. T. Godard, York Univ., Keele
4. “Retranslation and the Ideosomatic Drift,” Douglas Robinson, Univ. of Mississippi
For papers, visit www.umass.edu/french/people/profiles/ProfileHayes.html after 1 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|