Friday, 30 December
648. Museum Discourse in Literature
8:30–9:45 a.m., Virginia Suite A, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: John Schwartz, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. “Reclaiming Ritual Space in Museum Poems of the 1960s and 1970s,” Catherine Paul, Clemson Univ.
2. “Narrative as a Corrective to the Museum: Siegfried Lenz’s Heimatmuseum and the Benjaminian Collector,” Peter McIsaac, Duke Univ.
3. “‘I Only Thought You Were Questing Beauty’: Collecting Cultured and Cultural Objects in the Harlem Renaissance,” Katherine R. Lynes, Colgate Univ.
4. “Tagore and Mrs. E. for Private Thoughts and Public Moments,” Rachel James, South Asian Visual Arts Collective
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|