748. Remediating Eighteenth-Century Authorship
Thursday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Willow A, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Sören Hammerschmidt, Ghent Univ.
1. "'Acting Plays and Reading Plays': Intermediation and Fielding’s The Author’s Farce and the Pleasures of the Town," Mark Vareschi, Univ. of Texas, San Antonio
2. "The Pamela Franchise," Martha A. Woodmansee, Case Western Reserve Univ.
3. "Authorship and the Anthology in Mid-Eighteenth-Century Germany," Bryn Savage, Yale Univ.
4. "Authors Unformed: Reading 'Beauties' in the Eighteenth Century," Daniel Cook, Univ. of Bristol
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|