184. Beyond the Arabian Nights: Middle Eastern Fiction in the World Literature Course
Tuesday, 6 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Columbia, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Barish Ali, State Univ. of New York, Buffalo State Coll.
1. "The Egyptian Voice in the American Classroom: Teaching Si Sayyid and Zaki Bey as Cultural Icons," Katherine Dillion, Harding Univ.
2. "One Thousand and One Nights Meets Sex and the City: An Approach to Teaching Rajaa Al-Sanea's Girls of Riyadh," Jana Fedtke, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
3. "Teaching the Middle East: Cross-Literary Encounters," Sevinc Turkkan, State Univ. of New York, Brockport
4. "Middle East Literatures in the Paradigm of World Literature," Firat Oruc, Northwestern Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|