229. Cosmopolitanism in Teaching and Reading: Uses and Limits
Saturday, 4 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Liberty A, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Bernard Horn, Framingham State Univ.
1. "The Limits of Cosmopolitan Conversation in the Novels of A. B. Yehoshua," Bernard Horn
2. "Cosmopolitanism in the Classroom: Orientalism's Other Ism," Lisa Eck, Framingham State Univ.
3. "Unhomely Cosmopolitan Pedagogy: From the Bottom Up," Alexander Hartwiger, American Univ. of Beirut
4. "Cultural Contamination and Transnationalism," Youngmin Kim, Dongguk Univ.
Responding: Lisa Eck
For papers, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|