121. Writing the Jasmine Revolution and Tahrir Square: Graffiti, Film, Collage, Poetry
Monday, 5 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Cedar, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Kathryn Lachman, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
1. "Tagging the Jasmine Revolution: Social Media and Graffiti in the Tunisian Uprising," David Fieni, Cornell Univ.
2. "Quand la révolution filmique anticipe la révolution populaire," Mirvet Médini Kammoun, Institut Supérieur des Beaux-Arts de Tunis
3. "The Women's Manifesto: Thinking Egypt 2011 Transnationally," Basuli Deb, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
4. "Poetic Responses to the North African Revolutions," Mahdia Benguesmia, Univ. of Batna
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|