677. Trafficking: Bodies, Cargoes, Texts
Wednesday, 6 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Beacon D, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Elizabeth Swanson Goldberg, Babson Coll.; Alexandra S. Moore, Univ. of North Carolina, Greensboro
1. "'Too Illegal and Too Black for Any Proper Job': Sex Trafficking in Ammo Darko's Beyond the Horizon," M. Laura Barberan Reinares, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. "The 'Violent Gift' of Rights: Transnational Feminist Solidarity in The Road to Wanting," Belinda Walzer, Wake Forest Univ.
3. "The Globalized Criminal Tale of Human Trafficking in Drama and Performance," Simone Seym, Goethe Inst.
4. "Victims and Predators: Reflections on the Trafficking Narrative in James Levine's The Blue Notebook," Elizabeth Swanson Goldberg ; Alexandra S. Moore
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|