24. Archipelagic American Discourses: Decontinentalizing American Studies
Monday, 5 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 304, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Ifeoma C. K. Nwankwo, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. "Archipelagic American Studies: Leaving the Continent and the Robinsonade," Brian Roberts, Brigham Young Univ., UT
2. "Americanidad and Monte Puebla," Matthew P. Guterl, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
3. "Black Orpheus and an Archipelagic Perspective on New World Blackness," Michelle Ann Stephens, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
4. "Donald Trump, Venus Raj, and the Filipino Labor Diaspora," Allan Isaac, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|