558. Lookin' at You, Kid: New Postcolonial, Ontological, and Experimental Takes on Film Subjectivity
Tuesday, 7 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 618, WSCC
A special session
Presiding: Ruth Yvonne Hsu, Univ. of Hawai'i, Mānoa
1. "'I’m Interested in Cinema': Abbas Kiarostami’s Spectator-Cinephiles," Sara Saljoughi, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
2. "Blind Cinema: Interrupting the Spectator’s Three Gazes," Brian Bergen-Aurand, Nanyang Technological Univ.
3. "Variations on a Theme of Romance and Difference: Melodrama Meets Heteropatriarchal Normativity," Vivian Chin, Mills Coll.
4. "Toward Anticolonial Spectatorship: Gendered Portrayals of Native Hawaiian Men in Recent Hawai'i-Based Short Films and Their Mixed Reception by Some Hawai'i Viewers," Ida Yoshinaga, Univ. of Hawai'i, Mānoa
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|