143. The Future of Close Reading
Saturday, 9 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Grace, Chicago Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Elizabeth Ellsworth, New School
1. "The Ethical Value of Eve Sedgwick's 'Imaginative Close Reading,'" Meridith Kruse, New York Univ.
2. "Close Reading, Life Writing: Opacity, Autobiography, and the Critical Poetics of Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick," Angus Brown, Univ. of Oxford
3. "The Ethics of Impurity: Close Reading Atrocity Testimonies," Katherine Wilson, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
4. "'It All Became Ours': Close Reading Disaster Narratives to Recuperate an Ethics of Possibility," Lee Abbott, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 1 Nov.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|