585. Negotiating Sacred and Secular in Muslim Everyday Life
Monday, 5 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Jefferson, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Hanan Elsayed, Occidental Coll.; Mosarrap Khan, New York Univ.
1. "Subject of Desire and Everyday Life," Mosarrap Khan
2. "Love versus Death versus Faith," Hanan Elsayed
3. "Mosaics of Identity: Exploring Muslim Americans in Mohja Kahf’s Post-9/11 Fiction," Leila Pazargadi, Nevada State Coll.
4. "Reading Islam," Justin Neuman, Yale Univ.
For abstracts, visit www.transnationaleverydaylife.com/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|