17. Fernando Vallejo's Poetics of Transgression
Monday, 5 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Boren, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Aníbal González-Pérez, Yale Univ.
1. "Turn of the Century around Two Discomforted Colombians: Narratives of Opposition in Vallejo and Vargas Vila," Juan C. Gonzalez-Espitia, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2. "Posing as a Critique of Modernity in Fernando Vallejo," Juanita Aristizabal, Catholic Univ. of America
3. "Fernando Vallejo's Mauditisme as Melodramatic Spectacle," Héctor Hoyos, Stanford Univ.
4. "Anticlerical Discourse in Fernando Vallejo; or, How to Narrate without Religion," Aníbal González-Pérez
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|