743. Jean Bodin and Renaissance Demonology
Thursday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Ravenna C, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Virginia Krause, Brown Univ.
1. "Saving Appearances and Burning Witches: Montaigne, Bodin, and Copernicus," Eric MacPhail, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
2. "Deformity, Malevolence, and the Witch Scare in Early Modern Culture," Rinku Chatterjee, Syracuse Univ.
3. "The Reception of Johann Weyer in 'De la démonomanie des sorciers,'" Christian Martin, Stonehill Coll.
4. "Into the Night: Demonology's Dark Truth," Virginia Krause
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|