291. Acrobatic Figures, Acrobatics of Figuration in Zola, the Goncourts, Seurat, and Rachilde
Tuesday, 6 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Redwood, Sheraton
A special session
Presiding: Margaret E. Gray, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
1. "The Acrobatics of Rhetoric, the Exercise of Reading: Zola," Susan Harrow, Univ. of Bristol
2. "The Fantaisiste Aesthetic in the Fiction of Edmond and Jules de Goncourt," Peter Vantine, Saint Michael's Coll.
3. "Visual Acrobatics: Spectacular Entertainment in Georges Seurat's Circus Paintings," Claire White, Univ. of Cambridge, Peterhouse Coll.
4. "Playing with Knives (also Cultures, Literary Genres, Bodies, and Readers) in Rachilde's La jongleuse," Margaret E. Gray
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|